The Fire Apparatus swivel can have 1 to 10 hydraulic circuits. The 3-function 360 degree swivels are available with either a 4″ or 5″ or 6″ water pass-through. As noted the Swivel can be supplied in a 3in1 configuration or as a modular. The fire apparatus swivels can contain electrical circuits from 4 to 40 circuits. The gauge wire can range from 10GA to 20GA. Swivels can be purchased as a stand alone or as service replacements for Aerial Options, Amity or Hydromotion. The 360 degree swivel can be purchased with an encoder drive system or with internal Zetlex ring encoder, which allows the operator of the aerial device to know the exact position of the turntable while in use.
- Electrical amperage rating of each circuit is 30amps wire gage dependent
- Water pressure rated up to 500psi
- Hydraulic oil pressure rated at 6,000psi
- Corrosion resistant nickel plated exterior
- All manifolds constructed from Ductile Iron and nickel plated.
- Due to use of ductile spool much higher pressure ratings are available, and there is no thermal issues between an aluminum spool and the steel outer tube.
- Aerial Options is unique in its use of a ductile spool.